View Single Post
Old 08.09.2015, 12:35
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
3nns1 has no particular reputation at present
Re: Hiring Au Pair, Non-EU Family in Zurich

Quote:
View Post
Have you thought about trying to find a Swiss youngster to come and help you - there are some agencies (church based I think) that specifically organise intra-swiss au pair exchanges. I am not sure about the language requirements but it is less complicated with respect to permits etc. We had a young woman stay with us, she was Swiss of Portugese extraction and a Francophone. She wanted to learn german better and took classes at the Micros and because we spoke English at home she also learnt that a bit more too. It was a bit informal because I didn't work so we didn't really have an absolute requirement for an au pair, but it was lovely having her around.
We are in a desperate situation and this seems like it could be the only option. I am Canadian and live in Schaffhausen, having moved here for work on an L permit. My husband works in US. We were planning to get an Au Pair so that I can go to work full time after mat leave, but as I do not speak German this does not seem like a viable option anymore. Can someone please advise if there is any other way to get help during the day?