View Single Post
Old 09.09.2015, 07:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 404 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 16,994 Times in 9,570 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I open a bank account from abroad?

Quote:
View Post
Very useful - thanks!

Would I have to show up in Switzerland, or would I be able to open an account without even showing up? I.e. fax/scan/print or some other ways of processing documents. Or does that depend on the bank as well?
Probably. I don't think many banks will allow you to open an account without doing so in person these days.

What makes you think you can't be tracked from a Swiss bank anyway? Use of ATM's, credit cards, etc, will still be trackable.

Also bear in mind that you'd need either a Swiss Franc account which could mean losses on currency exchange with the Euro or you'd need a Euro account which could incur higher charges than those listed on the PDF Mullhollander posted.

For the amount you're talking about I doubt it's worth the effort of setting the account up, assuming you'd even be able to.
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: