View Single Post
Old 09.09.2015, 08:37
Banned

Groaned at 322 Times in 159 Posts
plumtree is considered unworthyplumtree is considered unworthyplumtree is considered unworthyplumtree is considered unworthy
Re: Can I open a bank account from abroad?

You can open an account with PostFinance if you live abroad. There is no requirement to live or work here to open an account.

I had a Post Finance current and savings account set before I moved to Switzerland. The procedure can be done by post or in person. I came in person and did it over the counter as it avoided having to get a notarized copy of passport to send to them.

Currently PF are only accepting applications to open an account online from persons who indicate an address in Switzerland or a bordering country, though this is essentially just a correspondence address and if the account(s) is/are run entirely online, it will rarely be used other than to initially send you cards, card readers and NIPs. To open the account you need an address in Switzerland or a bordering country to receive those essentials.

Note: you may have to personally sign to receive one or more of those elements they send you, particularly if you use an address in a bordering country, i.e. Postfinance may send some things by registered post!

Last edited by plumtree; 09.09.2015 at 08:45. Reason: additional note
This user would like to thank plumtree for this useful post: