View Single Post
Old 09.09.2015, 08:42
Newbie 1st class

Groaned at 7 Times in 5 Posts
swissbnk is considered a nuisanceswissbnk is considered a nuisanceswissbnk is considered a nuisance
Re: Can I open a bank account from abroad?

Quote:
View Post
You can open an account with PostFinance if you live abroad. There is no requirement to live or work here to open an account.

I had a Post Finance current and savings account set before I moved to Switzerland. The procedure can be done by post or in person. I came in person and did it over the counter as it avoided having to get a notarized copy of passport to send to them.

Currently PF are only accepting applications to open an account online from persons who indicate an address in Switzerland or a bordering country, though this is a essentially just a correspondence address and if the account is run entirely online, it will rarely be used other than to send you cards, card readers and NIPs. To open the account you need an address in Switzerland or a bordering country to receive those essentials.
Unfortunately my country isn't bordering Switzerland, nor do I know anybody who lives around there who I'd trust enough with such things (in fact, I don't think I know anybody who lives in a country bordering Switzerland).