Thread: cranberry juice
View Single Post
Old 19.09.2015, 12:30
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 87 Times in 83 Posts
Thanked 18,853 Times in 8,394 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: cranberry juice

Resurrecting this thread, as I've recently sampled all the brands from the local stores to find which one I liked best. I have no idea if this will help anyone in the future, but here you go. Some of these are called juice, some nectar, and some cocktail. It's all the same to me In order of preference:

Brand - Store - Approx cost - my thoughts

Farmer - Landi - 1.48 per liter.
Sold as a 4-pack. Nice tart taste, sweet enough without being too sweet, and the best value for taste, imo

Solevita - Lidl - 1.85 per liter.
Similar taste to Farmer, just more expensive (and the store is further from me than Landi)

Ocean Spray - Coop/Migros/Denner - 2.95 per liter.
This is the juice of my childhood and I'm still fond of it, but it's loaded with sugar (thus calories) and costs nearly double that of the Farmer brand. The lower-sugar brand tastes terrible as they use artificial sweetener instead of less regular sugar. Hmm, now I am thinking back to fresh cranberry juice in Wisconsin!

Michel - Coop/Migros - 2.95 per liter.
Nice, tart taste but still a bit much on sugar and hard to justify the price when compared to the first few mentioned

Happy Fruits - Aldi - 1.85 per liter.
Available in low cal or regular, just a difference in sugar amount. I found this one to be too watery.

I've not tried Biotta yet. To be fair, virtually all of these are less than 50% juice so you're mostly getting water and sugar. I like cranberry juice just for the taste even if I'm not fighting a UTI, and so I'll continue getting the Farmer brand.
The following 4 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: