View Single Post
Old 29.09.2015, 18:16
Super Moderator

Groaned at 437 Times in 328 Posts
Thanked 21,272 Times in 11,179 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pension - What percentage of my BVG (Pillar 2) payments go into my "pension pot"

Quote:
View Post
Hi, I am still trying to make sense of these.

Who / what determines the % to pay against the insured salary? I understand that there is the BVG salary, and the full amount on salary to be insured can be higher than this. I imagine that in your case, that % figure is 19% based on what you wrote, but is this level determined by the regulations or you?

Assuming 19% is indeed the level elected / prescribed, and if you were to go by what is stipulated as a minimum by regulations, is the employer paying half of that 19%?
The employer can choose the amount of pension they provide, however there is a minimum amount that has to be paid by law on a slice of the salary. The employer has to pay a minimum of 50%, however could pay 100%