View Single Post
Old 29.09.2015, 18:37
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 41 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,366 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pension - What percentage of my BVG (Pillar 2) payments go into my "pension pot"

In my case, the employer's contribution to my pension fund was fixed according to an age related scale ranging from zero percent of the insured salary (for workers under 22 years old) to 13.0 % (for workers of 55 or over).
The insurance element was 2.65% of the insured salary (not age dependent) and was paid wholly by the employer.
My own contribution was also age dependent and I could also chose between a standard, plus and extra contribution level (e.g. for a 55 year old could chose 9.5%, 11.0% or 19%).
This should all be described in the rules of your pension fund and you should get an annual statement explaining what has been saved on your behalf.
The insured salary, in my case, was 100% of my salary.