View Single Post
Old 29.09.2015, 19:09
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 41 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 2,819 Times in 1,366 Posts
me.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond reputeme.anon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pension - What percentage of my BVG (Pillar 2) payments go into my "pension pot"

Quote:
View Post
Hi me.anon,

I can see a number of variables here:

1) The insured salary amount, which may or may not differ from the entire salary amount.
2) You own contribution, which has a set of age-dependent-predetermined tiers, from which you select one.
3) The employer's contribution, which is prescribed and tiered depending on age - and this is applied against the insured salary amount, which in your case is the entirety of your salary.
4) All of the above is fine, provided the employer meets the minimum stipulated by regulations i.e. employer contributes an amount at least equal to the employee's contribution on the BVG salary, and the employer contribution here is above and beyond that required for UVG.

Have I got it correct, now?
1) correct. If the salary is over a certain amount ( I don't know the figure) the employer can cap the insured salary at this level. My pension scheme was quite generous and had no cap.
2) correct.
3) correct.
4) I'm not sure I fully understand what you are getting at here. In principle, the law specifies minimum contributions (employee/employer). Important for you is what your pension scheme specifies, and this will be defined in the rules "Ger: Reglement" of which you should obtain a copy.