View Single Post
Old 08.10.2015, 16:22
Banned

Groaned at 14 Times in 14 Posts
Thanked 4,811 Times in 1,660 Posts
BokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond reputeBokerTov has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Overstaying 6 months on Permit B (Third country nationals)

Quote:
View Post
I have another question then, my daughter is holding italian nationality too and my marriage is still valid in Italy (Not separated nor divorced), can i maybe claim italian nationality as a parent of an Italian child so i can avoid the hassle of third country national permit procedures & quota?
(
From skimming the official website it doesn't seem possible to acquire citizenship through your daughter (usually it's the other way around) but - if your daughter has Italian citizenship, am I right to assume your spouse has Italian citizenship? If that is the case and you are still legally married, you could apply for citizenship through your spouse. I think you qualify for application 3 years after the wedding if you live abroad (2 years if you live in country).
Not to discourage you, but that route is going to take time - they will want to make sure it is not a scam marriage, and the bureaucracy is loooonnnng.
Nonetheless, might be worth trying.

Good luck!
This user would like to thank BokerTov for this useful post: