View Single Post
Old 12.10.2015, 14:43

Groaned at 83 Times in 27 Posts
Brian1985 has an excellent reputationBrian1985 has an excellent reputationBrian1985 has an excellent reputationBrian1985 has an excellent reputation
Re: Front office salaries at UBS/CS?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated. Earlier in the year I interviewed for a junior credit analyst position at a fund in Geneva and they were offering CHF150-160K for a junior (1 to 2 years' experience) position. I didn't get that position as they wanted someone more junior than myself. I was using that as a base for my current salary expectations.

Looking at the current FX rate I guess I should be looking for CHF125-130K. I guess what I need to do is do a cost analysis of my current expenses and see if I can create a similar existence on CHF130K in Zurich.

I'm not concerned with the lack of big bonuses in Zurich as I would be using all of my bonuses in London to pay for private school fees and if I moved to Zurich I would plan on sending my daughter (she's almost 2) to local state schools. I live a relatively modest life here in London and don't like eating out in fancy restaurants (unless clients are paying) or downing bottles of expensive wine but I do live in a nice apartment and the cost of child care seems expensive even compared with London. Small luxuries for me would be a season ticket to the local hockey team (Zurich Lions I guess or maybe Zug if I decide to live there) and skiing in the winter.
The following 2 users groan at Brian1985 for this post: