View Single Post
Old 12.10.2015, 15:12
Banned

Groaned at 282 Times in 153 Posts
Thanked 1,115 Times in 636 Posts
Capo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthyCapo is considered unworthy
Re: Front office salaries at UBS/CS?

Quote:
View Post
Hello,

I am in the process of interviewing for a front office senior credit research position at one of UBS/CS in the Zurich office. The position is looking for someone with at least 5 years of fixed income/credit research experience. The level would most likely equate to Vice President or Assistant Director level from what I understand.
I once heard 120k for Associate level, but it was some time ago...

Quote:
View Post
I am currently based in London and doing the same role, albeit on the buy-side, for 85k plus a bonus that ranges anywhere from 0% to 100% of this depending on the performance of the fund. At my interview today, in the London office by video conference, myself and the HR lady began discussing compensation. I suggested that to maintain my standard of living in Zurich I would be looking for 2x my salary in , so basically 2x 85k for CHF170k. Her reaction was one of shock and she seemed to suggest that most people relocating from London to Zurich would look for the same salary, i.e. I would go from 85k to CHF85k.
You should have gone better prepared for the interview... If you work in finance, stating "2x my salary" out of nowhere sounds amateurish, no? Still, I guess CHF170k is not far from reality, so you are a good guesser. Anyway, you definitively misunderstood her because CHF85k is a ridiculous salary for such role and experience.

Quote:
View Post

To summarise, I am not prepared to go to Zurich and have a lower quality of life. Am I correct in my thinking that I would be much worse off on CHF85K in Zurich compared with 85k in London?

Thanks for your helps!
Yes.
This user would like to thank Capo for this useful post: