View Single Post
Old 25.10.2015, 08:00

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
blopblop has no particular reputation at present
Re: Postdoc position in Roche pRED

Quote:
View Post
HI.

So I am in the final stages of interview for a postdoc position in Roche at Basel. I was wondering if anyone has advice about the final stage of interview at pRED? I have been asked to give a talk of about 20-25 mins and followed by multiple interviews.
Second question is, What is the average salary of a fresh postdoc at Roche?
I will move there early next year with my wife (who will search for jobs there). I have no kids yet. Was wondering if the salary is sufficient considering high cost of living in switzerland.

Best wishes
Nik
Hello,

I have exactly the same interview tomorrow with Philip Morris and I also have to present my self and some of my previous results during a 20 minutes talk. I don't think there are real advice excepted "be yourself". Be confident about your skills and never forget to demonstrate that you have important abilities required for a post doc such as leadership, initiative, resourceful or solution-oriented skills. If it doesn't work, don't care, you will probably find something better and life keep going on.
For the expected salary, I have no idea and I am afraid they will ask me this question. On the basis of previous hearing, I would say between 7000 to 8000 gross salary.

Good Luck