View Single Post
Old 08.11.2015, 10:36
Moderately Amused

Groaned at 85 Times in 81 Posts
Thanked 18,612 Times in 8,296 Posts
3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute3Wishes has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Need help with forming a basic budget outline

Quote:
View Post
Why do you need a budget?
It may seem like a silly question, but when considering a move to Switzerland one should have an idea of common expenses here and how they compare to where the person is currently living. I'd at least weigh up basics such as housing, insurance, child care (if applicable) and transportation.

To be fair, most salaries here in CH are generous enough that folks are not going to wind up paupers. At the same time it's not easy to help someone estimate expenses, as each person/family has personalized spending habits. You might spend more of your disposable income on your motorcycles or other hobbies, and someone else might want to buy new shoes and a handbag every week. Or maybe they want to go skiing every weekend as a student or eat out at least once a week. The list of personal preferences is just about endless.

I used to budget carefully when I was a broke student and I had a notebook where I lined out every expense including pizza. I don't need to do that any more, but I have friends back in the States that still need to budget carefully because their expenses seem to always rise to match the income no matter how much they make.
The following 2 users would like to thank 3Wishes for this useful post: