View Single Post
Old 09.11.2015, 16:15
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will RAV/ORP help me get a new job? (this is not about benefits)

Quote:
View Post
Hi

So it's imminent that I get my termination letter. My company is closing business in CH and they want to relocate me to Spain, which I refuse, so they will just terminate my contract ASAP. I have 1 month notice so I will be employed until Dec 31. I started in CH in March 2015, so I'm not entitled to benefits, however I would like to know how I should proceed regarding RAV/ORP (I live in Geneva).

I'm already applying to anything I see I can be a match and also taking an intensive french course to have more options, I really want to stay and have some stability here, so I'm happy as long as I can work.

So, once I receive my letter, should I go and register with ORP? Will they also help me look for a job even if I'm not collecting benefits? Any experiences regarding this? (I have a B permit)

As I still have some holidays left and it will be xmas, I want to go to Spain some days but I want to know if there is any period that I have to respect regarding these registrations etc.

Thanks a lot!
If you have worked in the previous 24 months in the EU you will likely be entitled to benefits in CH, you need a minimum of 12 months in 24, not necessarily in CH. You insured salary is based on the last 6 months earnings.

You should go & see the RAV during your notice period & immediately start applying for jobs & KEEPING a record! You will be expected to be back in CH at the beginning of the new year.
The following 3 users would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: