View Single Post
Old 15.06.2008, 19:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 54 Times in 35 Posts
Thanked 2,386 Times in 1,207 Posts
Eire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond reputeEire has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Windsurfing in Switzerland (Neuchatel area)

Quote:
View Post
Ditto, but when the Bise blows try Greifensee (very small and therfore a bit warmer) or Vierwaldstaetersee (just south of Brunnen on E41) or Walensee (on the A3 before Heidiland). Its all a bit low quality and there's a fair chance you can end up on the wrong side of the lake wafting through the water, knee deep on a sinker at the end of the day.

Weather report on http://www.swiss-sailing.ch/greifensee/

Despite all this negative vibe, its still a day on he water!!

Bon Chance!
Been there, done all that. I live right next to Greifensee. The wind is ridiculously gusty. In my opinion its just not fun. I hate this on the plane off the plane short sharp chop stuff, and spending the day waiting around to see if you get 20 minutes of sailing in.

The best conditions I have had in Switzerland, (and believe me I've tried nearly everywhere) have been Lake Neuchatel (Bise) and Silvaplana (Maloja wind). All the hype about Fhn is blown out of proportion. It is the gustiest wind I have ever come across.

I think I will be sticking mainly to biking in Switzerland until it gets a coastline and I can get logo high waves with 10 or more knots of wind from the side.

Interested in skiing, Snowboarding or Mountain Biking in Switzerland? Information in English available
here.