View Single Post
Old 10.11.2015, 17:19
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 13 Times in 13 Posts
Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,371 Posts
Helm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond reputeHelm has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will RAV/ORP help me get a new job? (this is not about benefits)

Also following the original question, the RAV will probably not help you much finding a job. I was told in these exact words: "We are here to help those who *really* need our help, not people with higher education". Which is what Minimia said, but in a slightly less nice way... They also added "Why are you looking for a job, if your husband is working?" but that's a whole other story...

In the total time I was with the RAV (I received no benefits - I had only worked as a pratical trainee for 4 years on a row, which is the common curse of the modern architect - I just wanted help finding a job) I got from them 3 addresses to apply to (which I did). Other than that, it was just the hassle to have to go to their office every month, send the applications every month, for no benefits at all. I wasn't even eligible for language courses... My German was too good (thank you, I guess...).

In my personal experience, the RAV was more the "surveilance policing that you are looking for a job" and less the "let's give you a hand getting back into the work force". I hope others have had a nicer experience...

Fighting for Pluto's liberation from the Dwarf League since 2006 @(°.°)=@)x.X)' ' '
The following 5 users would like to thank Helm for this useful post: