View Single Post
Old 11.11.2015, 12:23

Groaned at 3 Times in 3 Posts
sannder has made some interesting contributions
Re: Driving license suspension

I didn't include much details as I wanted to keep it short. This is how the incident took place:

The line of cars was stationary and one car made a sign and left enough space for me to enter the main road. When I started the maneuver the scooter, which was overtaking the cars waiting in line, touched my front bumper, lost control and fell down about 5 meters away after braking hard on a slightly wet tarmac.

The letter says that I failed to give the priority when joining the main road. The law says that you need to make sure that you are able to join a main road safely. I am well aware that this is how they decided to suspend my permit while the driver of the scooter will probably receive something as well for overtaking stationary traffic.

The lack of whiteness is explained by the fact that the incident was minor and nobody wanted to waste time stopping since these things go away normally by shaking hands or by filling-in a standard form. Apart from one guy of course, who was waiting in line behind us and stopped and insisted that we should be calling the police. We replied him that there's no need for that. He replied back that he will do it anyway for us. We sat there waiting and when the police arrived the guy was declaring that he didn't see how the incident happened and went away. Since there were no witnesses to be found, an investigation was to be conducted based on our individual report.
A classic case of one's word against another's I'd say.

The police report was later sent to authorities. It seems now that the driving suspension and the decision from the judge can run independently. My understanding is that if I decide to fight in court, I will keep my license until the court will give its verdict.

I am willing to take it as "bad luck" if the suspension period is reasonable (one month).
My record was clean prior to this incident.

Last edited by sannder; 11.11.2015 at 13:14. Reason: Answer Fish Paste
The following 8 users would like to thank sannder for this useful post: