View Single Post
Old 13.11.2015, 11:11
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ASOS.com charging CH customers UK VAT with no deduction?

Quote:
View Post
Hi guys,

I have an interesting question. I am a regular shopper at ASOS.com and it appears that they in fact charge non-EU customers the exact same prices as the UK, with no VAT deductions. When I Googled the issue I found threads discussing it saying they had received replies from ASOS that said: http://www.vogue.com.au/forums/showt...age=6&t=364943

I really do not understand how this can be legal. They are charging the exact same priuces as UK customers, yet saying that none of the additional is going to the HRMC? Then what is happening to the money?

I have of course emailed them to clarify this as I have a huge backlog of orders that I have clearly paid VAT on. All I could find on their website regarding this was: http://asos.custhelp.com/app/answers...e-of-the-eu%3F

"VAT is not included in our prices for customers outside of the EU."

However that is clearly not the case, as the prices are the same as the UK no matter which country you ship to (I have tested using CH and UK delivery addresses)!

So, what are your thoughts on this... as to me it seems like it's not technically legit?
Perfectly legal, they charge some customers a higher price.
Business's are there to make money for shareholders, charging what the market will accept has been the way of doing business for a very long time.

There is no legal requirement for you to buy from them, there is no legal requirement for them to accept your order.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: