View Single Post
Old 13.11.2015, 11:16
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,241 Times in 823 Posts
Thanked 19,421 Times in 7,506 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ASOS.com committing tax fraud by charging CH customers UK VAT with no deduction?

Quote:
View Post
Perfectly legal, they charge some customers a higher price.
Business's are there to make money for shareholders, charging what the market will accept has been the way of doing business for a very long time.

There is no legal requirement for you to buy from them, there is no legal requirement for them to accept your order.
Why do people always post this same old tired crap, as though it is something new or wise? Of course there is no legal requirement either way, I chose to shop with them, the point was I didn't realise the pricing and VAT structure until now, and I am not convinced it is right, and according to many other customers neither do they which is why VAT refunds were issued and often back-dated over years. Hence why I am asking.

Quote:
View Post
What level of VAT do they state on the invoices? 0%?

As an outsider, I'm guessing it has more to do with ASOS's current priorities. They took on a lot of outside money and have been pushed to grow as fast as possible over the last 5+ years. In this scenario, it makes sense to pay out goodwill discounts to unhappy customers just to shut them up and keep up a good public image.

Given some less than sterling financial results recently and Zalando's continued growth, it seems that ASOS have focussed much more on monetising and profitability in the last 18 months or so.

Perhaps their change in policy regarding goodwill discounts is a reflection of that.
I will check later today.