View Single Post
Old 13.11.2015, 13:20
Forum Legend

Groaned at 461 Times in 352 Posts
Thanked 23,091 Times in 11,824 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ASOS.com committing tax fraud by charging CH customers UK VAT with no deduction?

Quote:
View Post
Why do people always post this same old tired crap, as though it is something new or wise? Of course there is no legal requirement either way, I chose to shop with them, the point was I didn't realise the pricing and VAT structure until now, and I am not convinced it is right, and according to many other customers neither do they which is why VAT refunds were issued and often back-dated over years. Hence why I am asking.

I will check later today.
Well you wrote in your first post "I really do not understand how this can be legal." so I explained to you there was no legal requirement either way, so a business & it's customers can do at they please.

It all depends how they accounted for VAT in their accounts, if it was noted as a VAT export sale then VAT can not be refunded.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: