View Single Post
Old 13.11.2015, 12:36
Forum Legend

Groaned at 1,238 Times in 821 Posts
Thanked 19,388 Times in 7,504 Posts
Chuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond reputeChuff has a reputation beyond repute
Re: ASOS.com committing tax fraud by charging CH customers UK VAT with no deduction?

Quote:
View Post
Well you wrote in your first post "I really do not understand how this can be legal." so I explained to you there was no legal requirement either way, so a business & it's customers can do at they please.

It all depends how they accounted for VAT in their accounts, if it was noted as a VAT export sale then VAT can not be refunded.
Ahh ok, I see what you mean now, but you worded it a tad vaguely and patronisingly.

Regarding the VAT that is the part I am wondering, how they accounted for it in their accounts, as I (wrongly, it seems) presumed I was being charged VAT. I will check my previous invoices and see if VAT was stated.

Either way it's a shady thing to do hence why I presume most other major retailers have stopped the practise now....
This user would like to thank Chuff for this useful post: