View Single Post
Old 14.11.2015, 22:27
Forum Legend

Groaned at 404 Times in 313 Posts
Thanked 16,993 Times in 9,570 Posts
Medea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond reputeMedea Fleecestealer has a reputation beyond repute
Re: without permit, can I keep my apartment for few more month?

Quote:
View Post
Hello, All.
I was woking in EPFL , Lausanne for 4 years as a phD student.
After my graduation, B permit has been changed to L permit to stay 6 month more in Switzerland.
If I cannot find any job or position befre the end of Dec,2015... my permit will be expired and I have to go back to my country.
Fortunately, I can stay 90 days more without permit, so it means that I can stay in Switzerland until the end of March 2016.
From Jan to March 2016, I will stay here as a tourist then.
And I am considering to tell my agency around december that I want to move out in 3month.

1. Is it okay to keep my apartment here for 3month as a tourist?

2. and one another question,,
If I get a position which is gonna start in July 2016, probably I have to go back to my country and come back again with new visa or permit.
In this case, can I sublet my apartment to someone for few month??
I mean,, even I do not have a permit here, is it allow to sublet my place?

Please give any advise if you know about this situation..
Thank you for the help.
1. Shouldn't be a problem.

2. Could be a problem. Why? Well, if you've given notice to your landlord that you're leaving March you're not going to be able to sublet it until July now are you? You would either have to hang to it from the end of December, hoping you find another job or simply give it up in March and find a new place if/when you get another job here. And there's no guarantee a new job would even be in the same canton which is another problem for you as non-EU nationals are supposed to live in the same canton that their workplace is located in.

Entry date for tourist status shouldn't be difficult to prove. After all the authorities will give him a document showing that's he's deregistered as being a resident which ought to act as an entry date as a tourist don't you think?
This user would like to thank Medea Fleecestealer for this useful post: