View Single Post
Old 19.11.2015, 13:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 87 Times in 69 Posts
Thanked 11,656 Times in 4,733 Posts
doropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond reputedoropfiz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Children’s wellbeing firstmost – KESB – permit?

Yes, I also think there is a high risk that the Child Protection authorities will - if Bob's permit is not renewed - place the children into care. Sue either doesn't believe this or does not mind if that happens... which can, however, be determined only once Sue returns and is willing (or compelled) to talk to the the Social Services.

If his temporary permit is not extended at least for long enough for him to collect the papers, Bob faces a terrible choice.... between taking his children back to Go-land knowing they will be in certain danger there, or leaving them here in the hope that the official care provided will be turn out to be good for them. An awful situation to be in!

Yes, we're looking into trying to find legal help, but so far no success in getting a slot with an advisor at the free places who could really help. Knocking on the door of another such advice centre now, and anyway then there's also the question of funding all this, since Bob doesn't have the money for such services, or only for very limited consultations. Oh, dear. That's why I was hoping someone could point me in the direction of the legal stuff, to read up on everything, so as to enable Bob to go to such a legal advice person informed, to save the costs, and understanding, for himself, what the rules are.