View Single Post
Old 20.11.2015, 15:36
Super Moderator

Groaned at 429 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 21,327 Times in 11,192 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Taxation on French Investment Property

Quote:
View Post
Are you issues mainly due to the locations that you are buying in?

I have a work colleague who has amassed several over a number of years and to date has had no major issues ... rent gets paid ... tenants have never been a problem to replace.

He himself lives in France and works in Switzerland, so is it due to the complexities of me working in Switzerland that generates the problems you have encountered?

What sort of tax am I going to encounter? ... should I budget for 20%
20% but keep a reserve of 15.5% for Social costs of just in case....

In France, there is a basic rate of 20% of tax on the net rental (and other) income of non-residents, although you may be able to benefit from a lower rate, depending on the level of your worldwide income.

If you wish to make application for a rate of taxation lower than 20%, then you will need to declare all your worldwide income to the French tax authorities, together with supporting documentation (with French translation). This information will need to be included on the tax return F2042C.