View Single Post
Old 21.11.2015, 17:18
Forum Legend

Groaned at 57 Times in 53 Posts
Thanked 12,980 Times in 4,732 Posts
Longbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond reputeLongbyt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Will RAV/ORP help me get a new job? (this is not about benefits)

Quote:
View Post
When my husband lost his job they weren't much help - but all the sites provided were really useful.
Who provided the sites? If Rav gave suggestions as to where he could look, I'd say that is help. If the list of sites came from somewhere else that's a different matter of course.

Quote:
View Post
As at foreigner who came here with him, I got no support... but that just speaks to their rules about how long you have to be employed in Switzerland before they even offer help.
To the Swiss way of thinking it's logical really you know. With most things you are expected to put something in before you take something out. The RAV people have to be paid and those who are doing the paying like to think that folk who have worked and contributed themselves get help when they lose their job. Free handouts, whether it is in kind or in support are not high on the list of priorities of the 'givers'.