View Single Post
Old 22.11.2015, 21:37

Groaned at 22 Times in 17 Posts
NomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeableNomadAmericano is considered knowledgeable
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

@treverus. I get your meaning and of course there is truth in what you say, but with all due respect, sharia is on an entirely different level when it comes to regulating adherents' religious duties and obligations. It is an entire body of law governing everything from the minutiae of family life, to sophisticated financial transactions, to Islam's laws of war. Your comment serves as an excellent example of how westerners erroneously equate Islam with Christianity. There are stark differences that should be better understood by all of us.

When I served as an Islamic law research assistant in law school, I was struck by how brilliant prominent Islamic scholars were - on par with those of the Renaissance in their intellectual abilities. However, whilst the great minds of the Renaissance generally applied their intelligence to advancing mankind and liberating it from dogma, the Islamic scholars were sadly dedicated to achieving the exact opposite. It was a view into an alternate history of what things would be like if all of the Renaissance's great minds had been on "the other side of history".