Thread: Train etiquette
View Single Post
Old 23.11.2015, 14:19
Forum Legend

Groaned at 75 Times in 70 Posts
Thanked 4,326 Times in 1,983 Posts
newtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond reputenewtoswitz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Train etiquette

Quote:
View Post
On a related note: If an S train either starts at or ends that the airport is it kind of reasonable to assume that some people would bring along suitcases. Dear ZVV, why are there no spaces for suitcases on you trains?!

I am the first person who'd put them on a rack to make sure everyone can sit... but there is no rack. The one overhead is so small it does not even fit a normal cabin trolley. (they are one standard size, so don't tell me yours fit. It won't if its the 55cm IATA type...). And yes, I know I can squeeze a sports bag or the like between two back rests, but there is no way a normal travel suitcase fits.

So the last times I was on the train was it totally normal that anyone around me blocked seats with their suitcases. Including me. We blocked four seats with two people, one suitcase and two carry-ons. The elderly Swiss couple next to us tried to block two entire isles with four seats each for the two of them!
Suitcases fit lying down between the backs of the seats, at least on all the S-bahn trains I've been on.