View Single Post
Old 23.11.2015, 18:54
The Marmite Moderator

Groaned at 429 Times in 326 Posts
Thanked 21,331 Times in 11,194 Posts
fatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond reputefatmanfilms has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Already got a tax invoice before 2015 year end??!!

Quote:
View Post
Hi,

I don't understand why I need to pay tax in so much advance in Canton Zug.

I received a bill named "Provisorische Rechnung (Total steuerbares provisorisch 2015)". I googled it and found the following website but still not clear to me:

https://www.zg.ch/behoerden/finanzdi...ng-np-anpassen

I just moved here in August 2015 from another canton. C permit holder, I believe people declare their 2015 taxable income and pay tax around 2016 March-June.

Do any of you in Zug have the same problem? Can I just ignore this bill and wait till spring 2016 to submit a usual tax form? This bill says a payable deadline is 2015.12.31.

Many thanks.
In ZH your supposed to pay in advance too. You will be charged interest on a daily basis. They can't make you pay until the no's are legally binding i.e. 30 days after the final calculations.

Do a calculation of your actual liability & pay that if you don't like the no's they suggest.

If you have cash, pay as you will get a better rate of interest than the bank.
This user would like to thank fatmanfilms for this useful post: