View Single Post
Old 23.11.2015, 20:41

Groaned at 9 Times in 3 Posts
asianm has no particular reputation at present
Re: Already got a tax invoice before 2015 year end??!!

Quote:
It varies by Canton, but in some, like OW, and presumably Zug, it's perfectly normal to receive, and pay, a provisional bill for tax in the current year, based on estimates from last year's tax return.

If your circumstances have considerably changed since the previous year you can contact them and ask for it to be reassessed, but otherwise just pay up. If it's slightly over the amount due you'll get the difference refunded after the final amount is calculated when you put in your tax return next year.
Quote:
View Post
In ZH your supposed to pay in advance too. You will be charged interest on a daily basis. They can't make you pay until the no's are legally binding i.e. 30 days after the final calculations.

Do a calculation of your actual liability & pay that if you don't like the no's they suggest.

If you have cash, pay as you will get a better rate of interest than the bank.
Thanks for the quick answer.

The tax bill is really based on raw income, without any deduction (e.g. transportation fees, business lunch, home office, etc.). That's not the usual tax form I had in another canton.

Usually, in my experience with another canton, I wait:
- early Feb: HR calculate the annual income (she gave me a paper to submit to tax office as part of my tax profile)
- by end March: I fill a tax form with all possible deduction and submit
- by end June: receive a real tax bill, and pay by deadline June 30

So I feel I pay something almost 6-month ahead in this strange Canton. I know I have pay the bill eventually, but do I have the obligation to pay ahead?