View Single Post
Old 23.11.2015, 23:00
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 14 Times in 7 Posts
Pixie B has a reputation beyond reputePixie B has a reputation beyond reputePixie B has a reputation beyond reputePixie B has a reputation beyond reputePixie B has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Muslims (in the wake of terrorist attacks in Europe)

Quote:
View Post
He's incorrect. This would be bid'ah and is haram. There's nothing wrong with Islam as it is, evidenced by hundreds of millions of religious Muslims who go about their day in much the same way as you or I. Islam isn't the cause of a single death or act of terrorism. It doesn't nothing bad. It also does nothing good. People do. If those same people weren't Muslims they'd be blowing themselves up or randomly shooting people in the name of something or someone else. The problem is a great number of desperate and marginalised people being lied to about their religion by a small number of people who want power..
Hold that thought...

Quote:
View Post
Did you actually ever talked to a Muslim? None of the ones I know would describe Islam as perfect and will find a lot to criticize. But yes, they will insist that it's not the book but the interpretation of it in places like Saudi or Pakistan. I tend to agree. Same is true for the bible or any other holy book. If you cherry pick the violent parts can you always find an excuse for any atrocity.
Again, pardon my ignorance I have not read all of the Bible (although I have read some of it) and I have not read any of the Qu'ran, though I am aware that both contain horrific stories of murder and rape and such being condoned.

Is the Qu'ran not said to be the literal word of God? Are extremists not the purest of Muslims as they do not cherry pick? Which is the most religiously pure path, to cherry pick the nice bits of the books and disregard the atrocities, or to loyally follow it literally?

If some "number of desperate and marginalised people being lied to about their religion by a small number of people who want power", do you mean that the ones translating the scripts are lying? Has anyone read the Qu'ran in it's original classical Arabic and who understands the language, can anyone confirm whether or not all the stuff about pushing gay people off cliffs is really in there? and if the book is the literal word of Allah or not?

Hope I'm not upsetting anyone! I'd love to ask my muslim friends these questions but appreciate that it might come across as accusatory or attacky! I figure it's ok to ask online where people have a degree of anonymity and the choice to ignore

I sympathise completely with the need or the desire for God. But not understanding the need for a doctrine. They seem to be the problem!
This user would like to thank Pixie B for this useful post: