Thread: Weather!
View Single Post
Old 24.11.2015, 13:00
Forum Legend

Groaned at 544 Times in 416 Posts
Thanked 25,381 Times in 11,638 Posts
Odile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond reputeOdile has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weather!

Quote:
View Post
Actually, the official record is -41.8C. Ice skating you say? I thought that the Joux lake is the best place but last winter it hasn't frozen... I definitely must check out your spot. Thanks for the tip
Joux and St Point (France) are much larger than Les Taillères- I learnt to skate at Les Taillères- in the Old Days when my dad was still allowed to drive on the lake with the old car, a 2CV- with ropes at the back pulling by bro and myself, at full pelt, either on skates or on sledges, and then do hand-brake turns- now that was fun- For some reason it is no longer allowed wonder why I love swimming there in Summer, as it is a peat lake your skin is so soft afterwards- but sometimes you can feel a huge pike brushing your leg! I used to be a great skater- but sadly can't any longer- last time I skated there was with my 94 year old dad.
This user would like to thank Odile for this useful post: