View Single Post
Old 28.11.2015, 23:42

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
vydriduch has earned some respectvydriduch has earned some respect
Re: Would claiming unemployment benefit affect B permit renewal or upgrade to C permi

Quote:
View Post
Hi all I may go into unemployment soon as I could not find a job after my masters degree. I have worked in CH before so I am qualified for unemployment benefit. I am considering whether I should ask for unemployment benefit, fearing that it might affect my chance of getting my B-permit renewal in the future (or even upgrade to C permit).
It might indeed.

Quote:
View Post
Any thoughts?
If you have a job at the time the decision on your permit is made, you should be fine. I had been on RAV benefits for a couple of months, then successfully applied for an early C permit once I got a permanent job.

Quote:
View Post
Are you sure you'll get anything? RAV payments are based on what you earned in the last 6-12 months so if you've been a student then it's likely to be very little or even nothing if you didn't work part time.
Quote:
View Post
Yes, but if you haven't worked for 6 months and they base your payments on your last 6 months' salary figure then 6 months of zero is zero!
It is actually the last six (of twelve) months of employment (within the 2 years prior to application) that count. Not the six (or twelve) months preceding the application itself.

I had a gap of 12 months (of voluntary unemployment) between my last job and a successful application for RAV benefits.