View Single Post
Old 17.06.2008, 16:10
Forum Legend

Groaned at 101 Times in 92 Posts
Thanked 9,106 Times in 4,522 Posts
miniMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond reputeminiMia has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Import Duties and Tariffs

Quote:
View Post
Did you ever find anything out about this? I just ordered some slipcovers for my sofa from Sweden to be shipped to my home in Geneva; I have six weeks of hand-wringing until the things arrive and then I'll finally know how much I'll *really* be paying for them...
No, I never did find out. The people I bought it from insisted I needed to pay VAT in the Netherlands even though it was being shipped outside the EU/NL. So with the shipping costs, import taxes, VAT in NL & CH... I ended up picking up the fabric while I was in the Netherlands instead of ordering online.

How about you? Did you get your slip covers?

Quote:
View Post
Just got a package from the states and was charged for 3 different charges. The handling fee (Formalites en douane) is now CHF 35, not the 10 anymore......and this was definitely the highest cost of the three charges: Droits de douane, TVA (VAT), and Formalites en douane.
snip
What was the value of the package?