View Single Post
Old 17.12.2015, 02:46
Only in moderation

Groaned at 209 Times in 167 Posts
Thanked 12,675 Times in 5,204 Posts
22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute22 yards has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Logistics of selling a car privately to someone in a different canton

Quote:
View Post
I can say who I had given permission to drive on my plates, I knew his name, his address, who he worked for & his mobile phone no. In any case I had deregistered & was no longer living in CH.

A registered business offers less protection, especially if GmbH or AG are in the business name, both being warning signs your dealing with a legal entity not a person who has unlimited liability.

In CH you receive a bill for a service in arrears, you can't 'prove' anything but don't need to, you just say you were not driving your car as it was at xxx garage for a service. It's then unto the police to investigate, obviously if your lying & the photo shows you were driving it will get expensive. You may not be aware that you are innocent until proved guilty even in CH. There is never any requirement to prove innocence.
Exactly my point if your car is at the garage, you have nothing to fear.

The legal status of the garage is irrelevant. As I said, the police will come after the individual driving the car, not his employer.