View Single Post
Old 18.12.2015, 01:39

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has an excellent reputationCaryl has an excellent reputationCaryl has an excellent reputationCaryl has an excellent reputation
Re: Children’s wellbeing firstmost – KESB – permit?

I was asked to comment a month ago but I check into this forum only irregularly and saw the message only today.

The issues are (guessing from hidden facts) that Go-land is or may be engaged in civil war, perhaps genocide. In principle asylum seekers can not be sent back to a place where there is no safe internal refuge. But as we know from US deportations to El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras private (i.e. criminal or non-government supported ethnic strife-driven) danger may not hinder deportation.

Thus in the cases of Syria and Eritrea nobody is deported: the governments are blamed. Nationals of Afghanistan, Iraq and much of Africa are deported if their home countries will take them.

Appeal to the ECtHR is possible based on Art 8 right to family life, and lodging an appeal might delay things until "Sue" decides what she wants to do.

Financial and social prospects for the individuals, and political reluctance to support the children with state funds if a Swiss parent is able and willing to do so matters.

But lack of facts and inexperience with the Swiss asylum system means I can only offer generalities and guesses.
This user would like to thank Caryl for this useful post: