View Single Post
Old 21.12.2015, 14:34
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 21 Times in 15 Posts
BLP is considered knowledgeableBLP is considered knowledgeableBLP is considered knowledgeable
Re: What options does an American have?

Quote:
View Post
I guess having grown up in California and being surrounded by MANY people of MANY different nationalities who are contributing to the economy, pay taxes, start companies, not being welfare recipients but just don't happen to have a green card, I see things differently. Sure the ones that milk the system (the minority) piss me off but for the most part this isn't the case.

It has nothing to do with entitlement. They know the rules and choose to take the chance.
You are talking about people who have little chance of entering the USA legally, and you know what, they are often deported and live in fear of the possibility. Who wants to live like that? With an overstay, they get a ban, so even if they do then marry an American, have kids and get caught they are still deported and banned without an overstay wavier which is really hard for them to get.

Quote:
View Post
Possible: yes; likely: no

These rules weren't really written with Americans in mind.
Since when are Americans immune to the rules? If this is true I'd love someone show me where this is written.
This user would like to thank BLP for this useful post: