Old 11.12.2006, 20:28

Groaned at 0 Times in 0 Posts
designer has no particular reputation at present
Re: Brits leave Blighty in droves

DaveA so would you say

UK is not more violent than say CH?

The amount of fights I see on weekends in England is truly depressing

Quote:
Thats because the Police themselves do not consider (unlike many members of the British public) that being on the beat on the streets is the most effecting catching criminals, preventing and solving crime.
It's a reassuring sight though. A guy once nicked my bag while I was at the barbers. I was so depressed as a result that I decided to walk around town. It was my lucky day and I saw the scum bag (the guy who was sitting next to me at the barbers) tucking into his burger at Burger King with my money! Sucker was going through my belongings while eating.

Anyway I did not know what to do as approaching him could have been dangerous. Luckily there was a Bobby on the beat and I explained the situation to him. Well the chav got arrested So irrespective of what statistics show seeing a Bobby out and about makes the community feel better. Definitely made me feel better that day

Btw I saw the same chav few years later at a bus stop with one of those big ass RAMBO knives. He was carving the bus stop furniture. I saw him first so I quickly walked away

Quote:
What about unliumited CCTV, Stop and Search, Right to disperse crowds, extended detention without charge etc etc. Criminal Justice Act refers.
Do they work?

Quote:
The idea of an individual "administering justice" sounds a bit ominous.
I agree. Although house owners should not get into trouble for giving tough love to someone who might have broken into their property

Quote:
"- Criminals have unprecedented rights."
What like "Right to silence "? or maybe "right to no double jeopardy" ?
Light sentences maybe? Getting released early?