View Single Post
Old 07.01.2016, 16:40
Forum Legend

Groaned at 281 Times in 232 Posts
Thanked 19,403 Times in 7,402 Posts
dodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond reputedodgyken has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pellet or Wood burning stove ?

I can't help on the costs - despite having 1 house with a pellet boiler - but the tenants like it very hot so I can't give a good estimate of annual costs. Pellets are considered to be CO2 neutral as they are produced from waste material where the original process has counted for the CO2 production.

However, our main house is heated using oil, and the thermostat is set quite low. We supplement with a wood burning stove in the living room - so in the evening (around 7pm) I will light a fire. I will go through a total of 3 to 4 pieces of wood (hard fire burning wood) in an evening. When we go to bed we close off that room. It is still warm in the morning.

There are a few users on here who have houses heated by wood fired stoves - so they may provide more detailed information.