View Single Post
Old 09.01.2016, 19:17
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 9 Times in 8 Posts
Thanked 1,497 Times in 518 Posts
Trollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond reputeTrollemor has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do landlords in Zurich / Switzerland figure out how much to charge?

Quote:
View Post
A lot of "landlords" are professional management companies. They don't need to scout Comparis or similar because they already have a sense of what the market will bear. And that's what it is in simple terms - market pricing. A flat downtown is going to cost more than one in the sticks because there's more demand. A larger flat in the same area will be more. A newer flat usually costs more. It's not rocket science and there are loads of sites if you want to search online.

So what's your point then if you already know all the factors? Where is your proof behind the accusation they are doing something illegal?
I'm wondering about the "they already have a sense if what the market will bear". In our complex the villa has been empty for over 2 years, our flat was empty for 10 months before we renting it (after negotiating the price, the girl at the management company took more than a year to get over it) and another flat has been empty since July.

Meanwhile, work/maintenance in common areas isn't done and you have to pester the Vervaltung to get anything repaired in your flat.

I'm thinking, if they had a better sense of the market, they'd adjust the rent so the place would be full and they wouldn't have to skimp on maintenance. But it's just me philosophing about a great property which is getting pretty run down although it's not that old...
The following 3 users would like to thank Trollemor for this useful post: