View Single Post
Old 10.01.2016, 18:29

Groaned at 5 Times in 3 Posts
Caryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond reputeCaryl has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How do landlords in Zurich / Switzerland figure out how much to charge?

Quote:
View Post
Isn't that the reason that "small landlords" often are their own real estate agents?
That works for resident landlords, and we have done that. But my daughter who took care of the high-priced lakeside apartment was transferred by her employer from Paris to San Francisco, and it's not feasible for me to do the management from where I am. For a cheaper flat we used a local hire, but she quit her job and moved to sunnier climes, or something like that.

So we're stuck with agents, who charge a lot more than we did on VRBO, and take nearly half the rent. A lot of their portion seems to go to taxes and fees, and that's another point: the cantonal authorities have cracked down on VRBO and Airbnb landlords, seeking proof of insurance, proof of payment of tourist tax, proof of declaration for income tax, blah blah blah. We always paid those anyway but I suppose not everybody does.
This user would like to thank Caryl for this useful post: