View Single Post
Old 22.01.2016, 12:47
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 30 Times in 12 Posts
Thanked 1,116 Times in 335 Posts
smileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond reputesmileygreebins has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

First I had Maggie Thatcher as my female role model (sorry anti Thatcher folks, I'm entitled to my own opinion)

Then Condoleeza Rice. (until I read her book and interpreted a different side of her, and am no longer a fan)

And then I admired Angela Merkel. Until her announcement on refugee intake last year. Which I interpreted as a kind and humane directive, that was ill thought through. Cynically I viewed it at the time, as a way to take pressure and spotlight from EU economics talks. Today, I perceive her as being overwhelmed, indecisive, directionless. I am saddened that in history, all her good work will be wiped from memories because of this one action.

Maybe she's doing great things in the background, but she really needs to step up with her old leadership style right now. Get her balls back.
The following 3 users would like to thank smileygreebins for this useful post: