View Single Post
Old 22.01.2016, 13:44
Forum Legend

Groaned at 122 Times in 106 Posts
Thanked 10,944 Times in 4,808 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
First I had Maggie Thatcher as my female role model (sorry anti Thatcher folks, I'm entitled to my own opinion)
Pfft!

Quote:
View Post
Then Condoleeza Rice. (until I read her book and interpreted a different side of her, and am no longer a fan)
I find that more shocking than Thatcher for some reason.

Quote:
View Post
And then I admired Angela Merkel. Until her announcement on refugee intake last year. Which I interpreted as a kind and humane directive, that was ill thought through. ...

...Maybe she's doing great things in the background, but she really needs to step up with her old leadership style right now. Get her balls back.
I don't feel the need to admire her purely because she's a woman on very equal footing with the male World leaders. As a politician, she has the kind of dogged determination that I admire, but she also displays the micro-management traits that I abhor in the workplace. She's crap at delegating.

With regards to the recent immigration policy, Merkel was very open about these people being Germany's workforce of the future. With native Germans having fewer children, she has a damned good point there! It's a business decision.

P.S. I admired Maya Angelou and Mo Mowlam (even though I'm not a Labour voter). We could all do with more politicians of Mo's calibre in the World. She was phenomenal and sadly missed.