View Single Post
Old 22.01.2016, 15:02
Forum Legend

Groaned at 113 Times in 101 Posts
Thanked 10,744 Times in 4,738 Posts
Blueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond reputeBlueangel has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you believe in Merkel?

Quote:
View Post
Honestly now. Its clear Margaret Thatcher has done more to advance the Feminist cause. Other talked about it, she proved. Now I wonder if Merkel will erode it.
I'm not a feminist. Never have been or felt the need to be.

My dad raised me to believe I was as good as any man and better than many. He was the one who stormed into my headmaster's office kicking off because the school didn't allow girls to study Tech Drawing.

My mum, on the other hand, voted for Thatcher "because she's a woman", and til her dying day said it was the biggest mistake she ever made. My grandmother, who was a life long Conservative voter, used to regularly say "If I buy a gun, will you please go down to London and shoot Maggie?" She hated her with a venom for her take on Conservative politics and the damage she did to the impression of women in the workplace.

For a little background, my mother owned a petrol station / garage, my grandmother owned a fish and chip shop, my great grandmother owned a sweet shop and my great great grandmother owned a factory outright, so there was no need for feminism in my family. My Greek mother outlaw would also feel little need for feminism... but she makes Merkel look like a cute, little kitten.

Maya Angelou lived the full gamut of the human existence and lived to tell the tale.
The following 5 users would like to thank Blueangel for this useful post: