View Single Post
Old 05.02.2016, 22:35
Unbridled Mod

Groaned at 579 Times in 376 Posts
Thanked 14,522 Times in 5,732 Posts
lost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond reputelost_inbroad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

I consider the EU a pipe-dream which was brought into place to emulate or even compete with the mighty US and some Asian nations. This being said, apart from using the same currency which in reality only simplified the B2B and tourist transactions and the fact that one doesn't have to show his/her passport, whenever he/she may travel across EU borders, the entire concept is an utter failure. Along with the Netherlands, I consider the UK the strongest member of the union and I can see definite advantages, if the UK were to leave the EU. The UK can do well without being a member of the EU and still enjoy the few benefits of being a European country (facilitated trading agreements, proximity to the continent, etc.).
The following 3 users would like to thank lost_inbroad for this useful post: