View Single Post
Old 11.02.2016, 18:12
Forum Veteran

Groaned at 139 Times in 95 Posts
Thanked 4,054 Times in 1,624 Posts
pilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond reputepilatus1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are you eligible for a health insurance subsidy?

Quote:
View Post
Be aware that health insurance subsidy is social benefits in CH, so anyone who wants a C permit or a Passport might be turned down, so think very carefully before applying.
It's a shame this was not mentioned by the OP as it's a very important omission IMHO.
Quote:
View Post
Probably as you have received social benefits & been a cost to CH. Why would they want to give you permanent residence if you can't pay your own way?
Any links? anyone have experience with this? Has anyone reading this been turned down citizenship for receiving this subsidy, or know of anyone who has?

I receive the subsidy. I never asked for it - I just got a letter saying that CHF X- credit will go to my insurance company. I never really thought of it as a benefit, and i've never even been to see a doctor in CH.

If this will jeopardize my citizenship application, i'll gladly pay. I don't need anyone to pay my way, and in my situation I pay a boatload of chuffs into AHV for my own fledgling business above and beyond what I pay from my day job.

Thanks for bringing this up, FMF…

edit: OH says that we get the Prämienverbilligung, and that this has nothing to do with social benefits. Can anyone verify, please? (just freaked out a little after reading FMF's post, lol)..