View Single Post
Old 12.02.2016, 11:54
Forum Legend

Groaned at 231 Times in 194 Posts
Thanked 21,572 Times in 8,837 Posts
Belgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianmum has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Are you eligible for a health insurance subsidy?

Quote:
View Post
This thread makes for interesting reading:

Renewal of permit denied - what now?

I would guess, but only guess, that how this is viewed and/or applied might vary by canton, community, phase of the moon...
This is exactly what I was going to say. I happened to be in the office this morning about an unrelated matter and took the opportunity to ask them.

In Neuchâtel at least receiving health insurance subsidies alone would not affect ability to obtain a C permit but may be taken into consideration when applying for naturalisation. In case of naturalisation they look at a number of factors and it would only be an issue if the person had been receiving subsidies over a long period of time and usually in conjunction with other benefits.

This was the info I was given this morning and is only applicable to canton Neuchâtel. Other cantons may apply different criteria.

Last edited by Belgianmum; 13.02.2016 at 22:16.
The following 4 users would like to thank Belgianmum for this useful post: