View Single Post
Old 15.02.2016, 11:07
Forum Legend

Groaned at 342 Times in 279 Posts
Thanked 15,180 Times in 7,791 Posts
greenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond reputegreenmount has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post

Frankly, I don't see what he's asking for as being radical enough to be considered a major shake-up of the EU idea as a whole and that's what's really needed.
Asking no social benefits for European workers equals to asking for second-class citizens in my opinion. If they contribute and pay their unemployment contributions etc is unfair to deny people access to social services they contributed to.
What if British citizens would be denied unemployment or child allowance in Switzerland, based on the fact that a sizeable % of Britain's population lives on benefits thus the probability they do so in other countries is quite high. Based on numbers only, it is so. But we all know that in reality people don't emigrate to live on benefits.
In my opinion, Britain wants all the advantages - free access to markets etc but absolutely no "disadvantage". Why the rest of the EU countries should accept this?
P.S. Just read an article about Donald Tusk making a tour to convince some countries to accept Britain's unacceptable conditions. If they will accept them eventually, they will not do that because it is fair, they will do it out of fear of Russia and the wrong believe they have to accept everything to keep Russia away. I bet people like Putin are laughing their a**es off...

Last edited by greenmount; 15.02.2016 at 11:43.
This user would like to thank greenmount for this useful post: