View Single Post
Old 17.02.2016, 10:12
Forum Legend

Groaned at 34 Times in 30 Posts
Thanked 25,315 Times in 7,892 Posts
meloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond reputemeloncollie has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anti-asthma Vaccine for Cats and Dogs

Interesting.

As casual readers of the Pet Corner might surmise my life is all about dogs.

But my beloved niece has managed to fall in love with, and become engaged to, a wonderful gentleman... who happens to be deathly allergic to dogs. So my niece and soon to be nephew-in-law cannot visit us here, which is such a shame. (Na ja, always a good excuse to meet in Paris, but I digress...)

Were my current crew healthy I would be willing to trial this vaccine, in fact - after suitable study of the research and discussions with my vets, due diligence, etc. - I would even say I'd be eager to.

Unfortunately two of the current members of the Muttley Crew are compromised due to health issues, certain vaccines are contraindicated in their cases, and we have to carefully approach many drugs. So I could not risk a new drug with them.

But in the meantime I'll be watching this development with great interest.

Thanks for bringing this up!

---

As an aside, I wish there were more research and development into treating canine CB/asthma/respiratory problems. A 'pet' issue with me, but it seems that this is a speciality where there is need for more academic interest...