View Single Post
Old 20.02.2016, 17:25
Forum Legend

Groaned at 16 Times in 15 Posts
Thanked 5,262 Times in 2,558 Posts
Deep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond reputeDeep Purple has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

As I understand it the referendum result wouldn't be legally binding. There was a proposal that it should be but I don't think this has been included in the revised agreement.

If the UK votes to leave it could be that the EU offers more concessions to persuade the UK to stay. That would be a dangerous game for anyone to play if they want to stay within the EU, but under more favourable terms.

The possibility is that the terms are not forthcoming and we are left out in the cold.

I would prefer to be in an EU with more control and influence for the UK. It certainly is a very different set up to the Common Market that I voted for all those years ago.

Whilst leaving the EU may be better for the UK in some areas, the risks that it isn't would be much greater. Perhaps it is a case of 'better the devil you know'