View Single Post
Old 07.03.2016, 01:26
Forum Legend

Groaned at 434 Times in 375 Posts
Thanked 18,196 Times in 9,678 Posts
marton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond reputemarton has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Brexit referendum thread: potential consequences for GB, EU and the Brits in

Quote:
View Post
"it will still be possible to live in the EU, as the Swiss & Norwegians etc" Only possible because of their treaties with the EU; who knows what treaties UK will have with the EU - I assume no FMOP?
Quote:
View Post
I find it strange that the UK is campaigning on this (I guess mostly on the right). After all, traditionally, the UK has been very welcoming e.g. allowing input from new EU members immediately.

In the end, the reality is that there is a war for talent. Blocking people that you need to grow the economy only hurts yourself. So I would expect that in practice skilled workers will be able to move freely as before but with visa requirements.

As to the future set-up. While it is entirely possible that the barriers slam down, I would be surprised if it was the case. The UK already has border controls and perhaps apart from people arriving without well-paying jobs and the means to support themselves, people will be allowed into the UK as before.
Hi Phil
What is the relationship between your answer and the topic "it will still be possible to live in the EU"?